We only source our hemp and hemp derived products from local (when possible) socially responsible businesses with ethical manufacturing and organic growing practices. Some of our smokeable hemp flower is grown in-house, or sourced from licensed hemp farmers in NC, OR and CO. Our 4 years in the cannabis industry have allowed us to build strong relationships with our supply chain of trusted hemp processors, farmers and labs. Our in-house brands, Halcyon Leaf and The Hemptender, are processed and manufactured in Colorado USA, and third party tested.
We encourage you to do your due diligence in regard to cannabinoids as a whole and consult with a physician before use if you have a serious medical condition or use prescription medications. A doctor’s advice should be sought before using this or any dietary supplement.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Where do you get your products?
What is the Endocannabinoid System?
The endocannabinoid system (ECS), comprised of cannabinoid receptors, endocannabinoid molecules, and their metabolic enzymes, is a crucial system in the body for maintaining overall homeostasis; it regulates and balances immune response, communication between cells, appetite and metabolism, memory, pain, mood, and inflammation among many other things.
Full Spectrum vs. Broad Spectrum/THC Free Products
Our full spectrum products have a legal <.3% amount of THC and tend to be more effective as they contain all the major cannabinoids including (CBD, CBG, CBN, and THC) which causes the entourage effect.
Our THC Free products can be broad-spectrum, which means they still contain CBD along with other cannabinoids, but no THC.Some THC Free products just contain CBD and no other cannabinoids. These products are typically made from CBD isolate.
*We do not guarantee that you will pass a drug screening if using THC Free products.*
Which vehicle of consumption is best for you?
- Tinctures: Taken sublingually (under tongue for 60 seconds), available in Full Spectrum, Broad Spectrum, and THC Free. This is the most popular form and consumption of CBD. Feel effects within 20 minutes. Medium bioavailability.
- Soft Gels: Small 25 mg soft gel tablets. THC Free and easy to swallow. Good for sleep, pain, depression, severe anxiety, reduced exercise inflammation, autoimmune diseases. Feel effects within 30 -120 minutes. Low/Medium bioavailability. Long-lasting.
- Gummies: Chewable 10 – 25 mg per. Great tasting. Best for anxiety, reduced exercise inflammation, sleep, general relaxation. It can also be used in combination with tinctures, soft gels, or any other products for a well-rounded approach when you need an added boost of CBD. Feel effects within 30 -120 minutes. Low/Medium bioavailability. Long-lasting.
- Lollipops: Full spectrum 30 mg. Great tasting flavors. A fun way to get a quick CBD boost for anxiety or stress and can also be incorporated into a CBD routine. Low/Medium bioavailability.
- Vape, Smoking Flower/Pre-rolls, Dabs: Hits your system immediately but wears off the fastest; you can also microdose throughout the day. Immediate relief from anxiety, stress, pain. Feel effects within 10 minutes. High bioavailability.
- Topicals/Pain Salves: 250-1000mg. Rub on the afflicted area and it is absorbed into the skin through cannabinoid receptors. Feel effects within 60-90 minutes. Lower bioavailability. Skin conditions, arthritis, muscle soreness. Note Tinctures can also be used topically. Best used in combination with edibles or tinctures.
How much should I take? Where do I start with dosage?
The dosage depends on multiple factors including weight, the vehicle of CBD consumption, and CBD/THC tolerance - just to name a few. We recommend starting with 10-25 mg per day, or 1 mg for every 20 pounds of weight. Start at night about an hour before bedtime to see if it makes you drowsy. If it does not, you can take it in the morning or day time. You can work your way up to find your sweet spot, but give it a few days before you increase the dosage to see how you feel. If you already have CBD or THC in your system you would need to start at a higher dose. Note that CBD affects everyone differently at different dosages, but it is made to work naturally with your body.
A quick reference on tincture dosage as it relates to dropper size. Typically your standard full dropper equals 1ml.
One (1) full dropper equals the following dosage in relation to tincture strength and bottle size (30ml) 1oz:
8mg - 250mg tincture
16mg - 500mg tincture
32mg - 1000 mg tincture
40mg - 1200mg tincture
80mg - 2400mg tincture
What is Bioavailability?
Bioavailability refers to how much, and at what rate, something gets absorbed by your bloodstream. It’s important to understand the bioavailability of a substance because it helps you determine how much you need to take, and in what form, to ensure a proper dose actually ends up in your system. Otherwise, you may not feel the desired effects. Note that lower bioavailability does not mean it will not work for you, it is just how you gauge the amount that your body absorbs.
How does CBD work ?
CBD works by acting on the body’s naturally occurring endocannabinoid system (ECS). Endocannabinoids are compounds that naturally occur in the human body, and are similar to phytocannabinoids such as CBD. (Endo = within. Phyto= Plant). CBD mimics what is naturally going on in our body with the endocannabinoids and, when used as a supplement, gives our body a boost beyond what it can generate on its own. This ECS system's main job is to help the body adapt to outside stressors and maintain homeostasis: our body’s efforts to keep everything in our internal environment stable and optimal no matter what’s going on in the environment around us. Your body has 2 main receptors – CB1 and CB2 – that bond with the cannabinoids and our body generates enzymes that help break them down once utilized. The body activates the ECS with precision so that it impacts only what it needs to. For example, if your circadian rhythm is out of whack, it will work to regulate your sleep without altering another bodily function that is already working optimally, perhaps digestion for example.
What Is The Difference Between Hemp Oil And Hemp Extract?
- Hemp oil from hemp seeds is primarily composed of dietary fats, which means it can provide benefits for skin but does not include all of the same plant compounds (such as CBD).
- CBD is extracted from the stalks, stems, and flowers but not the seeds of the cannabis sativa plant. Any product made from hemp seed oil (sometimes called cannabis sativa seed oil) will not contain CBD.
Why the Hemptender?
I'm new to CBD. What do I need to look for?
Using CBD Distillate Versus CBD Isolate